The Retirement Journey Handbook and Coaching Program
On retirement, some professionals transition well – and some do not.
Which one will you be?
The objectives of the Handbook and Coaching program are for professionals approaching or in retirement to:
- Broaden and deepen your thinking about your future possibilities
- Determine what is important to you in your life
- Discover and counterbalance fears blocking you from living a fulfilling new life
- Make successful and satisfying lifestyle choices
- Build a deliberate, actionable game plan for your life
The handbook helps you:
- Create a comprehensive vision and plan for your future
- Avoid being bored and depressed
- Make informed decisions about your personal future
- Create a dynamic new life filled with meaning and purpose
Why is the Handbook important?
Because if you don’t plan for your future life, you are likely to have the following negative experiences both prior to and during retirement:
- If you don’t have a plan for a fulfilling new future, you won’t know what to do with all the free time you suddenly have.
- You may become bored, even depressed, and miss your old life, because at least then you had something interesting and meaningful to do.
- You may think, “I shouldn’t have left. I don’t know what to do with my life now.”
- Believe it or not, you may miss all the social interaction you had – both the positive and the negative aspects.
- You may have successfully left your professional career, but you didn’t plan what to do with your new life.
- Because you were busy all the time as a professional, you now find ways to become constantly busy, but these new activities don’t give you a sense of meaning or purpose.
- You dig yourself into a hole of meaningless and purposeless activities and feel unsatisfied and depressed, but don’t know how to make your life more meaningful.
Post Transition Stress Disorder
- This is experienced when you have left your professional career without doing proper planning for your life after leaving.
- The symptoms of the disorder are:
- a loss in enthusiasm for life,
- not feeling the same since leaving your job,
- being bored and depressed,
- feeling that there is nothing to look forward to and that life no longer has meaning and purpose.
- Post Transition Stress Disorder often causes professionals to make poor life decisions and rash personal choices, to make sense out of Life once more.
Retirement Journey Handbook and Coaching Program
- In 1990, 10% of all divorces were by people aged 50+.
- In 2009, 25 % of all divorces were by people aged 50+.
- Spouses often experience “full nest” syndrome when their spouse retires and is home 24/7; a scenario ripe for experiencing “Gray Divorce.”
- The Values and Outlook qualification exercises that are used in the program create a “common sheet of music” which helps minimize divorce in people aged 50 and over.
This Handbook has been developed to help career professionals prepare for and make the transition to the next stage of their lives.
- This self-directed handbook is based upon more than 20 years of experience helping professionals transition into dynamic and purposeful new lives.
- The exercises that you will do are based upon time-tested methods for making successful transitions.
- The exercises can be done on your own schedule.
The programs consist of handbooks, 1:1 or group coaching. You can purchase the Handbook and 1:1 coaching program below, and, as you determine your needs, engage with me for more extensive coaching and outplacement assistance.