Peer Advisory Group Training
Peer Advisory Group Training
12-24 months, 4 hours monthly
Would you like to meet monthly, in confidence, with 10-12 other business owners to work on your most pressing business issues, guided by an expert facilitator and get reimbursed 45% of your cost monthly?
Peer advisory groups are proven quite effective in assisting business owners to grow their businesses.
The Executive Suite is providing small business owners access to a Peer Advisory Group to work on a confidential basis with other business owners in a monthly setting to learn cutting-edge business management practices, develop actionable business plans, learn from subject-matter experts, AND discuss and resolve some of your most pressing business issues using an established case-study method.
Forty-five (45%) percent of expenses will be reimbursed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts WTF Express program for eligible companies. You pay $ 550 per month, get reimbursed $ 250 per month – over 12 months you get $ 3,000 back from the State.
The first sessions are scheduled to start April 2018 and groups are forming now. Contact Warren Rutherford at 508-778-7700, email@example.com or complete the form below to get further information.
How is the monthly program structured?
Each 4-hour monthly session will be is structured as follows:
- Review and discussion of business and financial management training material
- Case study presentation and discussion by a participating owner to focus on assisting an owner to develop meaningful and lasting change in how they manage and grow their company
- Training presentation by subject-matter experts in finance, sales, marketing, operations, technology, risk management, and other disciplines to leverage their knowledge and expertise to help you run your business better.
Each owner will develop an actionable business plan 1:1 with Warren to include mission, vision, goals, strategies and action plan, using Balanced Scorecard and One Page Business Plan principles and system focused on finances, customer, people, and process.
You’ll have access to a dynamic and professional advisor network – deals, finance, sales, marketing, operations, valuations, legal, registered investment advisors.
As an accountability-based training program the focus is upon learning, applying, and continuously practicing and reinforcing the tools you will learn in each monthly training session from each other.
What Materials are provided?
- Owners will receive prior confidential consultation to ensure appropriateness for entry into the Group and execute a Non-Disclosure Non-Circumvention Agreement to protect confidentiality.
- Leadership training program material developed by Mr. Rutherford and What’s Your Genius book and training material
- Annual subscription to the One Page Business Plan®, a proven, cost-effective method of achieving business objectives.
- ADVanced Insights Assessment on decision-making, values and behaviors. Includes assessment and 1-hour debriefing on each assessment with owners in group format.
What topics will be covered?
- The manager’s role in a business
- Developing and leading a work team
- Developing your planning and organizing management skills
- Managing people issues related to selection, orientation, and training
- Effective communication, counseling, and effective coaching skills and techniques
- Creating and maintaining a climate for motivation
- Effective processes to manage change
- Developing and maintaining a productive work environment
- Developing effective position descriptions – a turn-right analysis
- Developing an effective performance appraisal process and system
- Continuous quality improvement and business process improvement
- Conducting a Strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, & threats (SWOT) analysis
- Time management
- Customer service
- Project management
- Establishing a Chart of Accounts (CoA) which speaks to the One Page Business Plan
- Establishing meaningful operating metrics
- Budgets and plan with variable models and mid-point, worst, and best-case scenarios
- Revenue Budgets
- Capital Budgets
- Operating Budgets (P&L)
- Balance Sheet Modeling & Budgets
- Cash Budget
- Implementing a fast quality close at month-end
- Analyze the 4 primary financial statements in the US
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement (P&L)
- Retained Earnings Statement (Cap Table)
- Cash Flow Statement